Steelers host Jets in AFC Championship Game
Posted Jan 20, 2011
** AFC Championship Game Pre-Game Entertainment Information
** Counterfeit Ticket Warning
** McDonalds FanCam
AFC Championship Game
Pittsburgh Steelers (13-4) vs. New York Jets (13-5)
: Sunday, Jan. 23, 2011
: 6:30 p.m., ET
: Heinz Field (65,050) • Pittsburgh, Pa.
: CBS (locally KDKA-TV, channel 2)
: Jim Nantz (play-by-play) Phil Simms (color analyst)
: Steelers Radio Network WDVE-FM (102.5)/WBGG-AM (970)
: Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play) Tunch Ilkin (color analyst) Craig Wolfley (sideline)
: Westwood One Radio
: Dave Sims (play-by-play) James Lofton (color analyst) Hub Arkush (sideline)
: Grupo Imagen - Destrito Federal (Mexico City) XEDA-FM 90.5
Steelers-Jets complete game notes
Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin
Overall regular-season record: 43-21 (.672)/fourth season
Regular-season record at Pittsburgh: 43-21 (.672)/fourth season
Playoff Record/Years: 4-1/three years
New York Jets Head Coach Rex Ryan
Overall Regular-Season Record: 20-12 (.625)/second season
Regular-Season Record at New York: 20-12 (.625)/second season
Playoff Record/Years: 4-1/two years
: Series began in 1970
: Pittsburgh leads 15-4
: Pittsburgh leads 6-1
At New York
: Pittsburgh leads 9-3
Last Regular-Season Meeting
: Dec. 19, 2010 (in Pittsburgh)
New York 22, Pittsburgh 17
: Pittsburgh leads 1-0
Last Postseason Meeting
: Jan. 15, 2005 (in Pittsburgh)
Pittsburgh 20, New York 17 (OT)
(postseason record not included in overall series record)
Pittsburgh leads the all-time postseason series 1-0 with the lone game being a 20-17 Steelers’ victory during the 2004 playoffs (Heinz Field)...the Steelers lead the all-time regular-season series 15-4, including a 6-1 record at home...the Jets defeated the Steelers earlier this year for their first-ever victory in Pittsburgh...the Steelers are 3-1 at Heinz Field against the Jets...the Steelers won the first nine games of the series...the Jets have scored more than 10 points in a game against the Steelers just four times since 1988.
Steelers’ Postseason History vs. New York Jets:
The Steelers will face the New York Jets for just the second time in the postseason with Pittsburgh leading 1-0.
• The teams met in the 2004 AFC Divisional Playoff Game, a 20-17 Steelers’ victory in overtime at Heinz Field.
• Following is a look at the all-time postseason games in the series history:
1/15/05 New York Jets W, 20-17 (OT) AFC Divisional Playoff Game
What To Look For
PITTSBURGH TEAM NOTES
• The Steelers look to advance to their eighth Super Bowl with a win over the Jets in the AFC Championship Game.
• The Steelers look to improve to 8-7 all-time in AFC Championship Games.
• The Steelers look to improve to 33-20 all-time in the playoffs.
• The Steelers look to improve to 2-0 in the postseason against the Jets.
PITTSBURGH INDIVIDUAL NOTES
QB Ben Roethlisberger
• Looks to improve to 10-2 in the postseason.
WR Hines Ward
• Needs one reception to break the team’s postseason record for consecutive games with at least one catch. He is currently tied for first on the team’s postseason list with 15 straight games. John Stallworth caught at least one pass in 15 straight games from 1975-85.
LB LaMarr Woodley
• Looks for his sixth straight postseason game with at least one sack. In five career postseason games, he has posted nine sacks, including two in each of his first four postseason contests.