SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: packers fan in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheShadowofLambeau View Post
Greetings....

Grew up, as my handle implies, "InTheShadowofLambeau" - small town Northeastern Wisconsin, 17 miles from Lambeau and 18 miles from Rocky Bleier's hometown of Appleton, WI. Matter of fact, his parents and mine were acquaintances and my parents frequented his parents' restaurant. I almost played ball at the same High School (Xavier in Appleton), but decided I wasn't exactly a parochial high school student, even though my father was a Deacon.

I tell that story because even though I've never met the guy ... his parents were good people, and, because of that, I was a fan of the Steelers in the 70's -- well that, and because the Pack sucked so bad back then that I needed a team to root for throughout the playoffs. Anyhow, I still have my Steelers scarf and have always considered them my second favorite team.

I too come in peace. Just not too big on talking crap at someone else's house. I will admit to opening up with a mighty keyboard if provoked...so be nice. I don't want to get banned here.

From what I've seen thusfar, I have to say that I'm impressed with the level of football knowledge the posters have here. Understand that we Packers fans are used to dealing with Vikings and Bears fans - so it may take us a little time to gear back up to a "human level". Things usually have to be pretty well dumbed down for Vikie and Bears fans.
We just had to deal with Jets fans this past week and Ravens fans the week before that...you guys will be a breath of fresh air!

Packers are by far my favorite team after the Steelers, always have been. I like all the NFC North teams (except for the Bears this year, cause I hate Cutler and the Vikes cause Favre annoys me anymore, I'd root for the Lions if they were ever any good), mostly because they play the same style of football as the AFC North. The Pack definitely have the best fans and best owners of any of them though!

Here's to a good game in two weeks!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote