Originally Posted by Koopa
has anyone heard anything on that humes dude??? i liked what i read on him when suit first mentioned him a few months ago, but i ain't heard nothing on him since
I'm not surprised at that, since he's probably going to be a day 2 pick, and many people are looking at him as a FB instead of RB.
You know how I came across him? I searched the top 100 college RB's and filetered out all of the guys under 225 lbs, then started doing individual searches and the RB's that were left...he was the guy I was most impressed with behind LenDale White in the "big back" category.
Here's a couple draft reports on him:
32 School: Virginia Tech Height:
- This is a player at the running back position that may benefit from a position change
- He is a running back with good size, and a running style that places him at a low center of gravity, which makes for a difficult time for defenders trying to knock him off balance or trying to tackle him
- He also posses deceptive speed and quickness for a runner of his size, with a strong lower body and tree trunks for legs, his body structure and running style reminds me of current NFL running back "LaMont Jordon"
- However, he seems to lack the burst to the hole, short area quickness and foot speed to avoid defenders consistently to be successful at the next level at his current position, but I feel if he were to move to the fullback position it would match his skills perfectly
- He is a very effective straight ahead runner between the tackles, with the leg and lower body strength to become an effective short yardage and goal line specialist at fullback
- He also reminds me of former NFL fullback "Mike Pruitt", in stature and his bruising down hill running style, who consistently ran through would be defenders tackles, I feel this is where he would best find his niche and best utilize his skills
- The one question would be if he could handle and adapt to the blocking assignments he would be asked to perform at that level, and if he is willing to adjust his game to the new position
- His alternative would be to stay at his current running back position and finding himself a low draft pick or more likely a non-drafted player, and hoping to find a roster spot on an NFL team, or converting and maximizing his skills and adding draft value to himself
Height: 6-0 7/8 | Weight: 227 | 40-Time: 4.73
Has excellent size...A powerful and bruising runner...Good athletic ability...Hits the hole fast and with authority...Breaks a lot of tackles and is a load to try and bring down...Good short yardage and goaline runner...Solid blocker...Decent receiver out of the backfield...Versatile...Hard worker & team player with good intangibles.
Was never the full-time workhorse in college and didn't show whether or not he can carry the load...Does not have great speed...Doesn't change directions all that well and is basically a north / south runner...Is not a big play threat...Might have some minor durability concerns...A bit of a 'tweener without a true position.
Could potentially move to fullback at the next level...Ran for 752 yards (4.6 avg.) and 11 touchdowns as a senior for the Hokies...Might be a sleeper who could develop once given the opportunity to be the main ball carrier for a pro team.