View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 08:41 PM   #10
KeystoneKC
Water Boy

Member Number: 379
Default Re: Did the Steelers.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonSteeler
We were clearly beaten by a better 'coached' side, not a nock on cowher, just that we are in the pressense of a clear genius in Belichick, who can argue with 5 rings??
I don't know that I'd get all misty over Belichek just yet. To quote an article from another site:

Bill Belichick at 99-72 (.579), is literally a tale of two cities. His tenure with New England has been spectacular. In his five years there, the Patriots have amassed a 62-27 record enroute to three Super Bowl titles in the last four years. Cleveland on the other hand, hangs like an albatross around his neck. From ?91-?95 the Browns were only able to put together one winning season, and Bill skulked out of town sporting a 37-45 record. Is he worthy of having his face carved in granite? I don?t think he?s ready just yet to be compared with Presidents, but another historical figure springs to mind. In 1925 Joseph Stalin renamed a city on the Volga River to Stalingrad, literally erasing the former city from the map. Coach Belichick needs to do the same with a certain city on the Cuyahoga, and purge the history books of any record of his time there.

Since he lost his coordinators this offseason, it shouldn't take too long to find out which is the real Bill.
KeystoneKC is offline   Reply With Quote