PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,076 Times in 512 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Draft a QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityScotty View Post
Yeah, I guess if we're going to draft a "stud QB" who will take the job over on a long-term basis, it will likely have to be in the first round.

My initial thought was we could take a QB this year after addressing the offensive line and secondary, but by round 3 or 4, there might not be anyone left who meets that "stud QB" description.
There's nobody who meets the "stud QB" description in this draft PERIOD. The top QB's are BLAINE GABBERT, who has been tremendously inaccurate, can't read coverages, has a Byron-esque slow release, and panics and takes off running everytime hist hot read isn't open instead of sanning the rest of the field, and Cam Newton, who is a Jamarcus Russell clone with even more character issues. I PITY teams in need of a QB right now because they are gonna waste top picks this year on QB prospects that are gonna set them back multiple years...the best QB in this year's draft is AT BEST a 3rd or 4th round grade IMO, but you know 5 are gonna go in the first round regardless...
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote