View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #22
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,088
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,847
Thanked 5,811 Times in 2,686 Posts
Default Re: Bouchette On Sports Talk Radio - Woodley Potential FA Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklandrules View Post
Woodley aint going anywhere. He's a Steeler, not a money grubber like some of the loud mouths that were on this team in the past. He'll provide a discount to resign with the team. Smith will be back too, but as a valuable backup. Suisham will be back ... I have no clue where people are thinking he's leaving ... he appears to have loyalty to the team that picked him off his couch (during a low point in his life) and it's been written that he is well liked in the locker room and by the coaches. Colon, I predict, will not be back. I really like Willie, but 36% of NFL players never make it back on the field after an Achilles injury and the remaining 64% don't play to the same level prior to injury.
Woodley wants to get paid and made it clear in preseason he was not happy the terms of the 2010 CBA made it impossible to give him the signing bonus required to give him a new contract - nothing wrong with wanting to get paid - NFL contracts are not guaranteed and in the NFL every play can be your last - but he will stay because he can be franchised (not because he will leave milllions on the table in order to remain a Steeler)and maybe get paid in 2012 if there are some retirements that free up money (Ward, Farrior, A. Smith)

Suisham will be back if the Steelers want him back - he reverted to past form in the playoffs by misssing several kicks and at a minimum will face comepetition in camp

Sad to say i agree about Colon - achilles injury was the one that finally caused the Steelers to give up on Kendall Simmons
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote