tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts
Default Re: After final further review it is 2 plays that lost the SuperBowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
My two plays were the two penalties in the kick game that killed us with bad field position at crucial times of the game. And the thing is neither penalty aided the play in any way. I've watched Mundy's block in the back about 50 times, and while there's no doubt it was a legitimate call, there's also no doubt on my part that Antoine Brown would have still advanced the ball to the 43 yard line if Mundy never makes contact there, as the Packer defender took a terrible angle on the play and had already run himself out of any chance of making the tackle.

If we get the ball at the 43 as we should have ( without Mundy's stupidity, I'm not blaming the ref) that pick 6 likely never happens.

And of course I think the lack of field position on our last offensive series factored into how poorly we performed with the ball there.
see, i dont buy into those being as impactful as ben missing the easiest read he had all night and throwing an interception that woulda been a TD for any other great qb that made it to a SB.

can ANYBODY name me the 2 penalties in SB XXX that helped lose it vs. dallas? nobody remembers those. people only remember niels 2 ints in regards to us giving away the game

with mundys penalty im still pretty sure bruce woulda called the same scripted play. ben still probably woulda been hit, and collins still probably woulda returned it for a TD (this time for 90 yds instead of 40). the piss poor effort our offense gave in trying to make a tackle, im convinced an int woulda been returned any distance.

as for fox's penalty. it had no bearing on the outcome of the game. the previous sb, the steelers overcame not only a safety, but a penalty that backed them up to almost the same position on their last ditch effort drive.

the steelers inability to gain 5 yards for a 1st down on 3 consecutive plays is what killed them. it woulda killed them at the 40 yard line just as it did at the 30.

10% of the game is physical. 90% is mental. ben and matthews proved why.