View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659
Default Re: What's next for the Steelers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
This is why I take issue with LeBeau paying too much attention to the Front Seven and his adherence to an aggressive, blitz-oriented style. In LeBeau's present style, the secondary seems to exist to help the front seven in blitz packages while the reality is that in today's more pass-oriented game, it should be the other way around.
I see a lot of posts like this. I was under the impression that LeBeau is working with what he was given (playing to the strengths of his people). Not sure what we expect him to do that he hasn't already tried. It doesn't help that BMac was playing injured and their roster contains only so many quality CBs therefore, required adjustments in coverage schemes. Was it the Patriots or the Saints game that LeBeau called coverage schemes and the Steelers got torched? He basically said he would never do that to his players again. You have to play the game you are good at.

Also, I wouldn't expect to see anyone drafted this year to be the solution in next year's season. We have to hope that Butler and someone else already on the roster will step it up and become a playmaker for the team. Getting a Revis isn't going to be in the cards at the 31st spot of the draft and trying to trade up far enough to get an immediate starter will require a huge sacrifice (something Colbert doesn't do very often).
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote