View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #27
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: After final further review it is 2 plays that lost the SuperBowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
see, i dont buy into those being as impactful as ben missing the easiest read he had all night and throwing an interception that woulda been a TD for any other great qb that made it to a SB.

can ANYBODY name me the 2 penalties in SB XXX that helped lose it vs. dallas? nobody remembers those. people only remember niels 2 ints in regards to us giving away the game

with mundys penalty im still pretty sure bruce woulda called the same scripted play. ben still probably woulda been hit, and collins still probably woulda returned it for a TD (this time for 90 yds instead of 40). the piss poor effort our offense gave in trying to make a tackle, im convinced an int woulda been returned any distance.

as for fox's penalty. it had no bearing on the outcome of the game. the previous sb, the steelers overcame not only a safety, but a penalty that backed them up to almost the same position on their last ditch effort drive.

the steelers inability to gain 5 yards for a 1st down on 3 consecutive plays is what killed them. it woulda killed them at the 40 yard line just as it did at the 30.

10% of the game is physical. 90% is mental. ben and matthews proved why.
Is it bad that I STILL have a bad taste in my mouth about this game?