Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,245 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Draft a corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post
To trade up and get a good rookie starter at CB, we would have to give something really good up. We could trade one of our players to make room in the salary cap (depending on what that cap will be) to sign that type of guy. I'm thinking Farrior or Foote. We have some young guys who could step into that role (Worilds or one of quite a few we signed up for off-season). Farrior is getting old and Foote isn't producing like he used to. Plus it would open up around 3 mil for either one from the cap. There are plenty of teams who need a good LB. This is just one scenario, but it is unlikely in The Steelers organization for them to trade up in the first round. We will probably take an OL if one of those CB's aren't there at pick 31.
we didn't even start troy in his 1st year. if we draft a cb he won't be a starter in the 1st year barring injury.

i like lebeau, but HATE how he will never play his rookies.

young players NEED game time to grow. emmanuel sanders and antonio brown grew as the season went on because of the game experience. hate to say it but lebeau can learn something from arians here. put some young talent in the secondary.

Last edited by Fire Arians; 02-17-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote