Old 02-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #42
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325
Default Westley Lyons 6'9" WR

"Steelers sign seven to off-season contracts
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers have signed seven players, including six who were on the 2010 practice squad, to off-season contracts.

The six players from the practice squad who have re-signed are tight end Eugene Bright, safety Damon Cromartie-Smith, linebacker Chris Ellis, wide receiver Tyler Grisham, defensive end Sunny Harris and offensive tackle Kyle Jolly.

First-year wide receiver Wes Lyons, a Woodland Hills graduate, was signed to a reserve/future contract for the 2011 season. Lyons (6-8, 230) originally signed with the New York Jets in 2010 as an undrafted rookie free agent out of West Virginia.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11048/1126131-100.stm#ixzz1EFJrO4J6"

-from pittsburghpostgazette.com

Wath this 2 yr signing is telling me is that they are trying to find a big(tall) WR for redzone purposes or even to be a full time reciever....Why would they sign this guy for 2 years if they are just going to cut him for all you people that say he's just a practice squad body.....I think they signed this guy for 2 years to develop him to be an NFL WR or have him bulk up so he can play tight end for us or something...the guy is 6'9" 235 and has a 41.5 verticle with 4.6 speed he put up 18 B.R. I believe...

You guys should watch some of the youtube vids on him...the guy looks like he can catch but the only thing is that he hasn't been able to stay healthy for most of his career...I say we use him for redzone purposes or possibly bulk him up so he can be our extra TE in the redzone...he already looks like a good blocker against CB in college...but we'll c....a 2 year signing is telling me that they want this guy to develop or they are thinking of utilizing him this year or next.....Why else would he get a 2 yr contract instead of a 1?

The Steelers really went out on this one...if they were looking for a tall WR...they found the tallest WR in the NFL today....lmao....hopefully he pans out because if he does, he is going to be a beast in the endzone! I think the Steelers are looking for a big target WR that isn't LAMEASS SWEED!!!! I guy that I have been really high on all season as a possiblility for the Steelers in the later rounds is WR DeAndre Brown from S. Miss....He can potentially become a Plexico Burress/Vincent Jackson type of guy...I hope we pick him up in the 5th.....A guy that I would love to have on the team would be Pitt WR Jonathan Baldwin...the dude is a better athlete than Brown and at this point is a way better WR (he's projected to go late 1st/early 2nd) but it's highly unlikely we pick him up...but you never know......

Wesley Lyons WR Steelers:( youtube videos:
)

DeAndre Brown WR S. Miss:

Jonathan Baldwin, WR Pitt:

taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote