View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #21
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631
Default Re: Draft a corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
I hear what you are saying, but the Steelers never signed aging veterans and superstars to big contracts either, until they made Polamalu the highest paid safety in the league in (2007?), until they gave Ben a $100 million contract, or gave Silverback a $57 million contract.

Admittedly, I have not looked at the official stats to see where JonathanJoseph stacks up against the rest of the CBs in the league, but I don't recall ever hearing his name when conversations about elite CBs came up. However, having to play them twice every season, we are more familiar with Cincy's personnel and we as Steeler fans know Joseph's capbiliites, but does the rest of the league?

Just hypothetical, not trying to be argumentative.....
No I understand what you are saying. True, we didn't give guys huge contracts to guys, but in all honesty I don't think we are overpaying James, Troy, or Ben by one penny.

I've heard Joseph considered a big time corner many times, and if I haven't heard about him I hear about the duo that is Hall and Joseph plenty of times in a year. I agree with you, I'd love to have him, I just don't see it happening.