Old 02-24-2011, 06:15 AM   #29
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: Draft a corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .24lockdown View Post
Actually, the more and more i watch stuff from jimmy smith and aaron williams....the more i dont think jimmy smith will be our guy. He presses a lot and doesnt do well playing against the run. Aaron Williams is a guy who can cover, but his style is more of a read the play first. This is what we do, and is why our corners play off so often (also to prevent the big play). He is great against the run, and I think will fit into our system PERFECTLY.

I would want us to get him in the first, however, I have a feeling our first round pick will not be a cb. I think the steelers will settle for a guy like ras-i dowling to meet our cb need. He reminds me a LOT of Ike Taylor. I don't think his cover skills or his hands are as good as Aaron Williams, but is still great on the run and will probably be a 2nd-3rd rounder.
This is just my gut feeling on what will happen, but I really REALLY hope we get Aaron Williams in the 1st.
im glad someone else sees it. jimmy smith is a really good corner but he plays horrible against the run. everything just assumes he plays the run well since he is a big cb but thats not true. he gets overpowered by wr's all the time