Old 02-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #503
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: New Official Pens Tidbits Thread

Injury updates from today...

Quote:
"Nick Johnson, Eric Tangradi, Arron Asham, still out with a concussion. (obviously Crosby too)

"Our goaltender Brent Johnson is day-to-day with a lower-body. Just a day of rest. Hopefully, we’ll see him on the ice (Tuesday), but he’s day-to-day.

"Alex Kovalev, we sent him home after the game in Toronto to get his stuff. He got some more stuff yesterday, and his flight today was cancelled due to the weather that we experienced last evening. That was why he wasn’t on the ice for practice.

"TK is lower-body and day-to-day at this point in time.

"Chris Kunitz still is not ready to progress back to full practice at this point in time. He’s been skating pretty heavily on his own. He’s not back to full contact practice."
Quote:
Paul Martin

On how he’s feeling:
I’m still a little bit weak. I’m not too concerned about the injury. It’s just the strength thing that needs to come back.

On when he hopes to come back:

Hopefully Wednesday. Today was the first actual practice, with getting hit and everything. We’ll see how it responds (Tuesday) and hopefully I’ll be good for Wednesday.
Quote:
Dan Bylsma

On if he is getting progressively less optimistic about getting Crosby back by the end of the regular season:
I don’t know the recovery time that you’re talking about. I don’t know what the steps are to get back. So to be honest, I haven’t given (a thought to) what ‘progressively’ means, we’re focused on right now. I get a report on how he’s doing, but we’re not talking about dates or timetables or projections into which month, which day, which time of the year (his return is) possible.

On if re-assigning players to WBS was procedural and if they could call someone back up soon:
Yes, some of it was procedural, and yes, someone possibly – depending on what the deadline is – could come back. If Alex was out there today, we only had 10 forwards. Eric Godard was the 10th forward out there today. So Alex would make 10. So we would possibly call up a player depending on what happens today.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365