My New Mock After the Combine
1. Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia - I think we may trade back into the second to select him, but if CB's are going really fast I could see us "reaching" for him at 31. He's everything the Steelers look for in a corner, big, surprisingly fast for a corner his size, good ball instincts and coverage skills; any other draft class and I think he would have been a top 2-3 CB prospect. Regardless of what round I see him being our first pick unless one of the top 4 CBs or a particularly highly rated OL is available at 31.
2. Benjamin Ijalana, G/OT, Villanova - The Steelers could obviously use Oline help and our front office and coaching staff expresses more interest in "hybrid" linemen who can play guard or tackle than the straight up LT's or straight up guards. Ijalana is their kind of guy. I could see us maybe trading up for him.
3. Brandon Burton, CB, Utah -The Steelers are obviously interested in this guy; they already have two separate meetings scheduled with him and if he falls to us here I'd be surprised if we pass on him. He's a good CB and I could see us taking CBs with two of our first 3 picks and doing a clean sweep of our CB corps, possibly cutting both Mcfadden and Keenan Lewis
4. Ian Williams, NT, Notre Dame - Steelers need a NT and Williams could be a possible replacement later on down the line.
5. Lawrence Guy, DE/DT, Arizona State - Guy is a good 3-4 DE prospect in a deep DL class and could be a valuable asset to the Steelers in the future and help an aging D-Line
6. Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh - Hynoski is already a hometown favorite and the Steelers need a FB; Arians doesn't like to use them but we had success running the power I last year and I have a feeling a condition of Arians's new contract will be that he needs to implement the FB more. Hynoski also has good skills in the passing game which could entice Arians even more to use him in his offense.
7. Richard Lapham, OT, Boston College - Steelers could always use more Oline help.