View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #532
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,035 Times in 494 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: New Official Pens Tidbits Thread

Take from this what you will, but I am hearing A LOT of buzz about Sid returning. I know there's no official info from the Pens of course, but logically they would not say anything. The way concussions are, if he is making progress (which I strongly believe he is), there's no reason to publicly announce anything because he could revert back to square 1 at any moment during his recovery. They won't say anything until they KNOW he will be back, which probably won't be until a few days before it happens. If it means anything, they've also switched innto "dodge question" mode; Bylsma used to flat out say he still had symptoms whereas now he says stuff like "no new info" or "no comment"

I've heard from a few sources (none official so again take it with a grain of salt) that he has been symptom-free for about a week, if not more. To support this, he has been seen in public A LOT more as of late.

Also, Cassie Campbell of CBC reported today: "Crosby at rink this morning and back at game today...he has been shooting in Pens shooting gallery in dressing rm but has not skated "

Again, take what you will from all this cause I have no "official" info, but I'd put the odds at 75-25 he'll be back sometime in the playoffs whereas 2 weeks ago I would have said something more like 20-80.