View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #535
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: New Official Pens Tidbits Thread

Well...looks like the rumors were more right than wrong Phantom!

Crosby Skates for First Time

Monday, 03.14.2011 / 9:58 AM / Features
By Sam Kasan
Updated 11:37 AM...
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...fb-pghpenguins

Penguins captain Sidney Crosby was back on the ice for the first time since suffering a concussion in early January.

Crosby, who missed the last 29 games, skated on the ice for about 15 minutes in full gear early in the morning at CONSOL Energy Center. He stick-handled around some cones and shot a few pucks.

“I feel good. It’s really early. It’s just part of progress and trying to get better,” Crosby told www.PittsburghPenguins.com in an exclusive interview. “I felt pretty good doing some light workouts. I was told I had the opportunity to skate. I went out there for 15 minutes to see how I felt. No real plan going forward. I felt good, so that’s a good sign.”

Crosby, who last played for the Penguins Jan. 5 vs. Tampa Bay, said that he hasn’t had any concussion-like symptoms for a few days. He’s been riding an exercise bike and Monday was his first opportunity to get back on the ice, although he cautioned that he may not even be able to skate Tuesday.

“I may not feel great this afternoon and not be able to skate tomorrow,” Crosby said. “The only reason I was able to skate today is because I’ve had some good days here, done a little bit of exercise and got through that. That doesn’t mean there are any guarantees. It’s just a progression.

“I’ve been symptom free the last few days. That doesn’t mean that when I exert myself that I won’t have symptoms. That could always happen. That’s pretty normal when you have that. It’s a process and we’ll see how things go.”

Crosby is still taking everything day by day, but has been feeling much healthier lately.

“Typical every day things have gotten a lot better,” he said. “I’ve been able to get through days better."

Even though a return to the lineup is still some time away, Crosby felt good about getting back on the ice after such a prolonged absence.

“Just being on the ice is nice after not doing anything really the last few months,” he said. “It’s still in the early stages of things. It doesn’t mean I’ll be able to skate tomorrow. We’ll see how everything goes. It’s one of those things that you go through each day, adjust and see how you feel depending on symptoms and things like that. We’ll see. It’s just nice to be able to get out there.”

Watch Sidney Crosby take the ice

-----------------------------

Other injury updates per Bylsma:

Quote:
12:49 PM:
Bylsma also gave a plethora of injury updates.

"Arron Asham returned to practice today. It was his first time with the team and he will not be traveling with us tomorrow, given the fact that it’s one day. But he will return to practice with us next week.

"Comrie, Orpik and Tangradi all skated off the ice today. And Nick Johnson will be joining them tomorrow. It will be his first time on the ice, it is a progression for him.

"Kris Letang went to a scheduled appointment to be evaluated by a doctor just as a precautionary (action) from the hit he received last night.

"And I think you know Sidney Crosby skated today. He has been symptom free for some time now. He has been exercising off the ice, and this was the next step in his progression, getting on the ice. In no way, shape or form is there any time table at this point in time. This is just the next step for him, to get on the ice and to be able to exercise."

12:40 PM:
Per Bylsma, Matt Niskanen is still not well enough to travel with the flu bug that he has that saw him miss Sunday's game. He will be joining the team hopefully after the Ottawa game.

"We are going to have to call up a player (from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton), which we will do this afternoon," Bylsma said when asked how the team would play defensively with Niskanen out for Tuesday's game.
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365