Thread: Oddly enough
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 AM   #36
Wallace108

Member Number:
Default Re: Oddly enough

Can I get an amen?
---

Christian women in a small town in Texas are learning to pole dance for Jesus.

The class is held for free twice a month on Sundays and is taught by Crystal Dean, a former stripper, who now teaches pole fitness to Christian women who are required to bring their church programs with them if they want to join the class, ABC News said.

Dean meets the women in the dance studio, Best Shape of your Life, in Old Town Spring, Texas, The Los Angeles Times said. Her classes use upbeat contemporary Christian music and the routine is intended, as ABC News said, “to spin without the sin for the Lord.”

Dean said, “God gives us these bodies, and they are supposed to be our temples and we are supposed to take care of them, and that’s what we are doing,” according to ABC News.

Dean told The Los Angeles Times, “It’s fitness. I don’t teach women to be strippers.” Pole dancing is now taught in many gyms, but Dean’s class revolves more around a church theme and she sees it as “continuing the whole worship thing.”

Her students agree that Pole Fitness for Jesus is another means to worship God and to express their faith. Tiffany Booth, one of Dean’s students, told ABC News, “I do feel a spiritual connection whenever you have the music on and it’s singing about lifting you up and being closer to God. You do feel that.”

Dean told The Los Angeles Times that if people wanted to judge her, that would be up to them but, “I’m good with God.”
http://theundergroundsite.com/index....us-class-16294