View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #16
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696
Default Re: Wow, Steelers at Ravens week one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Huge game for the Ravens to open the season - with the post-season dissension within the Ravens after the second half collapse in the playogff game, losing to the Steelers again to open the season would be devastating.

Agreed the Ravens probably picked up some pointers from the Green Bay-Steelers Super Bowl. The way to beat the Steelers is to have a QB who can make the throws under pressure. But the Ravens already knew that from watching Brees and Brady beat Pittsburgh.

Of course the Ravens do not have that type of QB - they have Flacco. May explain why they fired their QB coach and are not giving Flacco the contract extension he is whining about.
I disagree that losing the first game of the season would be "devastating" to the Ravens
Sure it would be painful but being 0-1 would not be that hard to come back from.

Remember the Ravens beat the Steelers at Heinz field last year with Flacco leading the team to a dramatic last minute game winning TD. So even if the Ravens lost at home they could come back and even the score on the road.

Finally say what you want about Joe Flacco but he was ahead of Ben in QB ratings going into the last game of the season last year. And who knows what damage the Super Bowl may have done to Ben's psyche.

And I believe that if the Ravens had made it to the Super Bowl and were down by six points with two minutes to go, Joe would not have failed. I think he would have led the Ravens to the winning TD in that situation if he had been handed the ball with the chance to win it all. Especially against a depleted Packers secondary. Joe Flacco turned a corner last year in Pittsburgh when he led the team to that victory. (He did the same thing later in Atlanta, a last minute TD drive. but the team got ripped off on a subsequent uncalled offensive pass interference call against Atlanta at the end of the game)

At this point we don't even know if the game will be played but it if is I think the Ravens will be 1-0 after week one.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote