PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,113 Times in 533 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Really sick of Pouncy talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan View Post
I don't understand why we keep talking about him either. Kiper himself said a lot of the hype from all teams is because of how well Pouncey did for us this season. Does anyone remember how crappy he played against Miami (OH) at the start of the season?

He is good but I think there are tons of lineman that will be really good. Danny Watkins of Baylor, John Moffitt of Wisconsin, Stefen Wisniewski of Penn State. Corner is a huge need and we need more defensive lineman to help with MORE pass rush.

I wouldn't waste any picks trading up, maybe trade back and get a few more picks to fill needs.
I agree hes not as good as Maurkice, but I think a major point that's being thrown out the window here is the fact he'd be playing with his brother. By himself, no he's not on the same level, but chemistry is HUGE, HUGE on the Oline, and playing next to his twin would be an intangible factor that could literally take his play from "good" to "elite." Besides, guard next to Maurkice was where he played his entire Florida career before this season and what elevated the twins to such a high status, being thrown in at center without his brother by his side was a huge change and noone should be surprised by his decline in play this past season. I honestly think he'd play at a Pro-Bowl level for us, but not for anybody else.

And Im guessing youre a Kemo fan from your sig, he's definitely serviceable but Colon would be a HUGE improvement over him at guard and I don't really see how anyone can legitimately argue otherwise...
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote