View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #39
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Re: Over-emphasis on CBs stopping rush?

From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
CB's? See our last 3 drafts with Tomlin the genius DB coach and talent finder? Sorry, we are going to get bombed through the air again.

2 years straight now three...

McFadden was crap and he is our only signed DB? The other clowns couldn't even step up over W. Gay.

Llama
Quote:
Guess what? We got bombed for the last two years by our inept DB's and DB coaching.

I'll take a wild guess. We'll do well during the Regular season then get bombed when we have to play a good passing team like the Pats, etc.

Llama
How'd the Pat's season turn out? EVERY team has weaknesses. Ours just happens to be CB.

Quote:
Or maybe Heyward can cover the TE or SLOT because...

Because Green Bay is still ****ing throwing on us.... but I guess we'll love getting bombed this year and then lose to a Rodgers/Brady/New Orleans...

Because we know they what they will do... line up four and watch the our clowns give up 10 yards a clip.

Llama
Quote:
Like I said, watch us get bombed again and like it. You guys act like it is rocket science. How did we lose the last two years? .... I'm pretty sure you remember how we the lost...

Reach for a CB? I don't think our DB coaches/scouts have a clue that is why we can't draft them. Sure we'll get one tomorrow who can not crack the practice squad! Awesome.

I think you are mad because you know what's going to happen or do you want to watch the SB again?

Llama

Quote:
It's amazing how you think a DE will cover the SLOT?

We have Bryan't "10 yards a catch" McFadden as our primary option. He has been hot garbage for 2 years? Add up those Arizona stats... he' s giving out free candy in our backfield.
Ike won't sign... somebody will offer him batshit crazy money.
C. Butler can't even find his helmet.
Who else? Exactly, we have -depth at CB.

Two years running we've been gashed by passing teams and Tomlin sticks his head in the sand. Oh yeah, Ben can bail them out... you can only hit that well so many times.

Please tell me how you think we'll cover 4-Wide? Pressure, yeah that's right, that PRESSURE that Brady and Rodgers felt by DESTROYING us in 2 Q's and then coasting for the next two.

Once again, just show me a logical way we'll actually stop a pass? Didn't think so but we'll beat up Cleveland and Cincy! Sweet!

Llama
Like was previously stated... pressure on the QB. We did it before with McFadden and Gay playing corner. Why not again with a 2nd round CB pick that can possibly contribute?

Quote:
Clark can't cover.
Superman can't cover 4 guys
Ike will be gone.
And as you said "No CB" can just step into this vaunted Defense. A vaunted DEFENSE that hasn't stopped the pass in TWO YEARS. Sure we can pile it on Cincy, Clev, and we'll beat BALT / JETS because they don't have an accurate QB.

I'll go back to my original point. We'll still get bombed by the Pats, NO, Green Bay's. We don't adjust AND we have no CB's

Llama
Quote:
Our PASS D will be shit.

We'll get to the Playoffs then get bombed by a passing attack we KNEW they would do but won't adjust and won't draft anything to counter it.

Does that sound familiar?

llama

Sounds like a lot of "doom and gloom" to me. We may as well not even try.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote