View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #11
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124
Default Re: Who do you want on day 2 of the draft?

It seems most on here are convinced they'll take a CB in the 2nd, but I don't necessarilly think that will be the case. I hope that Dowling falls to pick 62 and that Colbert takes him, but I don't believe he'll be willing to trade up to take him. He's been saying all along how deep this draft is; in other words, teams should be able to wait without much of a drop-off. I think the Steelers want as many picks as possible in this draft.

They have a lot of different positions in which they could address with their 2nd and 3rd round picks. They could go NT, OG, OT, or CB.

Ideally I want Dowling, but I doubt he'll fall to 62; in fact, I don't even think the other Texas CB will fall to the Steelers. They may be forced to take on of their other needed positions in the 2nd round. I personally do not think OT is that much of a concern, so I'd like them to get a guard with the second pick. I wonder if Rodney Hudson will fall a few spots so the Steelers could get him? That would be excellent. He's a pretty well rounded player who could potentially start immediatly at RG.

I also wouldn't mind getting Kenrick Ellis at the back of the second to learn from and eventually replace the Big Snack. They're some big shoes to fill, but at 6-5 345, Ellis may not have too much trouble filling them.

In the third, I'd like to get Kendall Hunter RB OkSU. The Steelers may need a replacement for Mewelde Moore, and they definitely need depth at RB. Hunter at 5-7, 200 is almost a Daren Sproles clone - mini RB's are all the rage these days! He would be a perfect third down back. He would be an excelent candidate to catch screens out of the back field ( if Arians ever wises up), and this pick would add depth to a dangerously thin RB position.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote