View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #36
Wallace108

Member Number:
Default Re: Disappearing Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
Hey, Wallace 108. How you doin' man? I have to agree with you. some people just like to bitch. I'm not always happy with their choices, but it's their money and they a lot more info on these player than I do. I can only go by what I sometimes see in person and on tv. All I can say is they must know something 3 Super Bowl apperances and 2 titles in 5 years.
What's up Rick?

I agree. The Steelers have a damn good track record in the draft. I think I'll trust them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
No offense but I follow all the top 20 College teams as I bet tens of thousands on them. Won big money on Texas vs USC a few years back and they are an easy bet with a spread offense and great D.

Curtis Brown is okay and considered pretty soft.

3-5 teams ran like 300-400 yards on them in a game. He's not a very great tackler (although losing the safeties hurt a lot)

Texas blitzes a lot leaving single coverage and he was burned for a lot. Texas also gave up a couple 300 or 400 yard passing games. He was the Texas "mcfadden"

Also, he's has horrible hands 1 interception per year. He was also blamed for losing the Rice game and one other because he fumbled Punt Returns and gave the other team an easy touchdown.

He was later pulled off Special Teams because of all the fumbling catches.

Anyway, look it up on the Internet. I'm sure one of the games will be 280 yards and someone will say I'm full of shit but whatever...

Llama

Yes, I watch a lot of college football and watching Texas drop a bomb was sad.
Strengths:
• Ideal height and adequate bulk along w/ long arms
• Terrific speed and has a burst to close and recover
• Athletic with great quickness, agility and balance
• Displays fluid hips and nimble feet to transition
• Soft hands with great ball skills and body control
• Has excellent instincts, awareness and anticipation
• Is tough, physical, aggressive and very confident
• Will come up and get solid jam at line of scrimmage
• Capable of excelling in either man or zone coverage
• A willing tackler who will support against the run
• Will be able to contribute readily on special teams
• Durable w/ lots of experience versus top competition

Weaknesses:
• Frame is kind of slight with a thin lower body (can work on that)
• Didn’t make a lot of impact plays in coverage (we don't need him to make impact plays ... just cover the receiver)
• Isn’t a powerful hitter or much of a intimidator (we have plenty of those ... just cover the receiver)
• Not real strong and some trouble disengaging (this can be fixed)
• Struggled at times with cleanly fielding punts (we don't need him to field punts)