View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #57
SouthTexasSteel
Water Boy

Member Number: 12193
Default Re: Who do you want on day 2 of the draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishSteel View Post
Picking at 31, and without a stack of extra picks to bargain with, you'll never get every single player you want in the draft anyway.

We have a freakin' BINGO!!!! You have 1 of 2 choices.... you can root for a loser like the Detroit Lions, and have a great time with your friends on draft day every year mulling over all the great picks you get in the top 10, and still suck. Or you can be part of the Steeler Nation and have to wait a few hours every draft day for your pick between 18 - 30. And with those "non lottery" picks you have to trust that the talent evaluation and the ability of the coaching staff will give us a winner on the field every year.

I happen to think that the front office has done a fantastic job with this draft considering where we pick and the holes we have to fill. Throw in the fact that we have some 2nd and 3rd year players ready to step up and start making a difference, it's NOT the gloom and doom some are feeling/projecting.. All the armchair Mel Kiper Jr's aside... pfffffttt...... I've got NO complaints about this draft so far. I might suggest that the bitchers and moaners do some research on the draft prospects and how they FIT WITH THE STEELERS.

Still wouldn't mind seeing us get one more CB and interior offensive lineman. Oh, and on a personal note, I would love to see the Steelers take a chance on Mark Herzlich in the 6th, if he is still available. Most players below the 5th are camp red meat anyway and this guy at one time was a late first, early second round pick.
SouthTexasSteel is offline   Reply With Quote