View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,075 Times in 512 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Wexell's twittering he's hearing "good" things about resigning Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I know there is a lot of angst about not taking a CB in the first round, but it is not as if the Steelers passed on the equivalent of Darelle Reavis, Deion Sanders, and Mel Blount with the 31st pick the other night

Steelers would need to re-sign Taylor even if they had struck gold at CB the other night

Taylor is a good but not elite CB - good but not elite draws a lot of $$ these days on the NFL open market - to make budget for Taylor I would not be surprised to see no effort to bring back Colon and for Aaron Smith to be "requested" to take a haircut on the last year of his contract

In terms of big $$ contracts, the looming issue is whether to sign Timmons or Woodley to long term deals after 2011 - Steelers cannot afford both unless Harrison is gone after 2011
I think the Woodley/Timmons situation depends on Harrison's 2011 season. Coming off back surgery, if he shows any signs of slowing down or nagging back injuries, I think that he could very well be gone, as much as we would all hate to see him go. Big picture, I'd rather have both Timmonsand Woodley and let Worilds try his hand than let one of those two guys go to have the aging Harrison for another couple seasons before he retires or loses a step.

The thought of seeing Harrison in another uniform scares me though.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote