Old 04-30-2011, 03:23 PM   #11
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Tom Brady brought to tears about his draft-day fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsdynasty View Post
Maybe a fanbase that has spent the last decade rooting for Hines Ward should refrain from making fun of other teams' players for crying.
See, the difference is, Hines was crying over losing a dear friend and teammate...this was after thinking that he (Bettis) was going to retire after they (the team) fought so hard to get him to the Superbowl (the only one Bettis would have played in). This was also after a tough AFCCG loss.

Tom Brady got choked up about thinking he wasn't going to get drafted (after he was already drafted to play catcher in the MLB). Him crying "I'm so excited, now I don't have to be an insurance salesman" is bullshit. He had plenty of options straight out of high school.

Mind you, no matter how much I don't like him or the team he plays for, that's great that he went for his dream and obtained it...but he makes it sound like being an insurance salesman was his last option outside of football.

He's a great player, but that "woe is me" story is just ridiculous.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote