View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #556
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,137 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: New Official Pens Tidbits Thread

Well, I'm definitely disappointed with the early playoff exit...but I think the Pens had a great season all things considered. Already looking forward to next season and seeing how Neal plays with Crosby and how Malkin will do with Staal.

My biggest hope is that they can Kovy. He's lazier than ever and not worth a dime at this point in his career. Shero took a cheap gamble on him, and I don't blame him for doing it, but outside of a couple SO goals, the only thing Kovy really produced was penalties and turnovers. Time for him to hit the road.

I didn't see it mentioned yet, but Bylsma has been nominated for the Jack Adams award (Coach of the year)...along with Trotz (Nashville) and Vigneault (Vancouver). I'd be happy if either Dan or Trotz won...they both did a good job with little to work with at times. No way in my mind does Vig deserve it. It's great that Vancouver had such a great year, but he has such a great compliment of players and didn't really have to deal with injuries or anything.

Now that the Pens are out, I'm rooting for the Sharks above all. I wouldn't be upset if Nashville, Vancouver, Tampa or Boston (in that order) won either. Pretty much as long as the Wings, Caps or Flyers don't win or make it to the finals. So far, the tide of the rest of the series is going my way lol.