View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 04:56 PM   #71
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18213
Default Re: Who do you want on day 2 of the draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
If you're going up against Kurt Warner, Aaron Rodgers, and Tom Brady, aka HOF quarterbacks and expected to hold them to 180 yards passing and 14 points, you're crazy. And btw, we did get a pick 6 against Warner and a fumble; AND, we won. Seems to me like the strategy worked pretty well against the Cardinals.
Totally agree. You will not hold them to 180 yards but you also can't let them pass the ball at will and put the game away by the half. We won the Arizona SB because Big Ben and Harrison pulled a rabbit out of their asses (that kind of magic isn't going to happen every game.) Our Defense couldn't stop a nose bleed in the second half.

Basically, to win another Super Bowl we are going to have to beat Brady and/or Rodgers-type. I was at that game last year on Nov 14 vs the Pats, I've been to another ( I just want the Steelers to beat them so bad ) and every time the Pats have just blown us out. It was exactly the same thing in the Super Bowl.

-Pass rush didn't matter because they got rid of the ball very quickly
-The 4 linebackers couldn't counter the very fast / quick slot receivers
-The receivers always had 4-7 yards on the DB's

No doubt we are a good team but we'll need a better Game Plan and Players to beat them.

Llama

BTW, watch what the Jets did to Brady in the Playoffs. Ever seen a 2-1-8 or a 2-2-7. It was pretty masterful and I wish we'd try some things to counter the spread.
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote