View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #29
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205
Default Re: Consensus: worst draft in AFCN

lol what a joke, its all about perspective

Browns - I'm not going to argue our draft was better than theirs. Atlanta was dumb enough to trade 5 picks to move up, that alone is enough to guarantee a good draft year, but what is most telling is looking outside the box - the Browns drafted talent for their reimplementation of the 4-3 defense. The Browns are one of the most unstable organizations in the NFL, good luck getting value out of these players when they inexplicably decide to go back to the 3-4 yet again in a few years

Bengals - I'm not going to argue our draft was sexier / more exciting than the Bengals', heck, they drafted the best WR and arguably one of the best overall players coming into the draft with the #4 overall pick and also stole a good QB with their 2nd pick. But why does this draft make their better than ours? Why do they need a QB and WR so high anyways? Oh that's right, their franchise is in shambles and can't even hold on to their former #1 pick and franchise QB. I guess the lesson here is to win the draft you have to have glaring draft needs to fix a sinking ship rather than reload a tip-top battle cruiser.

Ravens - I'm not sure how this conclusion is met, I suppose its because they drafted a corner with their first round pick and we did not? Sure, it fills a glaring need but its also a much bigger risk. But even if they did have a better draft than we did so what, they are the only other annually legitimate team in our division, no true shame in losing to them.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote