View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #61
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Re: Mendy didn't take long!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I don't think he was tearing up on the country to be honest. I mean, some people in the government do some messed up stuff, but the point he was trying to make is that those people never seem to get away with it. There's always someone there to spill the beans, so to speak.

I don't doubt that the government (in general, I don't know who to point exact fingers at), took advantage of the situation after 9/11...but as Riddle has pointed out a number of times, it's silly to think that the whole thing was somehow orchestrated and covered up by an entire government. I have my suspicions about certain things, but some of the shit these people come up with is just ridiculous...like they've watched Enemy of the State or The Manchurian Candidate one too many times.
Thank you for injecting some sanity into my exchange with Pete....I am not sure why he had such difficulty realizing what you just summed up in your above post.

I could make some pretty stereotypical jokes here about Marines and IQs, but I am no genius myself.....so I would be a black kettle taking potshots at the pot, at best LOL. Plus I have never had any problems getting along with Pete around here before, so I am not one to wreck a good thing.