View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #9
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448
Default Re: Blame coaches for SB loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
You made a really good point about the quality of their CBs vs. ours.
Revis might be the best CB in the world. Cromartie - although a dumb
ass - is mad skilled physically. And I thought Wilson was going to be a
good player, but I don't think he did much as a rookie.

That being said, our D did get diced up under what they ran. Could a
different strategy done better? I don't know for sure but I know they one
they ran sucked.....although in the 2nd half they had some nice stops.
I think an even bigger factor other than scheme was poor health. McFadden
wasn't right, with a bad hip and abs. Troy was clearly playing on 1 leg.
If those guys were healthy, we win, even with the 3 turn overs vs. none.
With the injuries to pola and bmac I don't know if a different scheme would of made much a difference. It could of been much worse, and to credit our CB's they were a hobbled group going up against a much more talented WR corps then they had played all year. You can't underestimate how an injury here or there can take a ferocious D like the steelers were last year and turn them into beatable. Look at what jacksonville did against us the year a.smith and pola were out. Ran all over us and we couldn't make a stop on 3rd down to save our life.

Wilson got burnt a few times when he had to step in early b/c of the injuries they had but that's to be expected of a green CB. He will be solid for them.

I don't think our offensive gameplan was to throw the ball like we did, but the game kinda dictated we start playing catch up. Unfortunately that's the same kind of game our D thrives in and so does GB's. I'm not an arians homer by any means but the blame should be evenly passed around from the coaching staff down, hopefully they all learn from them and we come back strong in the years to come.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote