Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Twitter is a medium for a bumper-sticker-sized message. It's like texting:
You are only going to be able to say 1 or 2 liners, tops. It's not meant as
a place to delve into details. Not saying he could or could not, but just
basing it on his twitter tweets won't prove it either way. I have not spoke
to RM. I cannot testify if he indeed possesses deep thoughts. Just saying
I do think illustrating that you are beyond a sheep who does not think for
oneself (i.e. repeat what mainstream media and govt. says without thinking
if their stories make sense) it at least shows _potential_ for someone who thinks
instead of buying what the establishment hand-delivers us.
Yes...I know what Twitter is and how it works. I would not have mentioned it if I didn't.

I never said RM was incapable of deep thought. I stated that making a short, random tweet about an opinion that has become quite popular over the years does not mean someone is a deep thinker (as another poster suggested).

He may be the deepest thinker on the entire planet...I don't know. Basing that opinion off of a couple twitter posts though is laughable at best.

Quote:
The govt. and mainstream media told us Pat Tillman died as a hero, fighting
the Taliban. Was that true? Of did they lie to us? What are they willing to lie
to us in order to pursue their agenda for the elite at our expense? Is the
Fed. Res. part of our government and acts on behalf of the people? Or is it
a collection of the most wealthy private banks on Earth who act in secret in
order to rob us blind? Did Saddam have ties to al Qaeda and was he some
how involved in the nine 11 attacks? Did he have WMDs and posed an
imminent threat to our safety? Did we invade Iraq to "spread democracy,
wipe out WMDs and halt an active nuke program?"

If any of you believed these lies, ask yourself what other lies have been told
to you - that you actually believed and bought at face value.
Just as parroting what mainstream media tells you, parroting what random websites dedicated to a certain idea...sometimes made by god knows who...does not ensure something is the truth. You just believe their truth more than you believe the governments truth. To each his own...but keep in mind that people outside of the government lie too. Conspiracy theories (popular ones) draw people in and gain others profits. That's why a lot of the sites you post have donation boxes and stores that sell their paraphenalia. Sometimes people do things just for profit. Like say the world is going to end, or take your taxes, or create ponzi schemes...or governments. It's just how people are. So I take those sites with just as much of a grain of salt as I do the government. In my opinion the real truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

I'm not quoting this to get in a debate about what happened with 9/11 or Pat Tillman. I'm just saying that the links you post may not be filled with the golden truth either.

The only things I know (ok...they're opinions too, but I'm firm on them) are...

1). Income taxes are illegal. I don't care how it happened or who was involved anymore...it needs to be reversed because it's unconstitutional. <-Period
2). Just let gay people marry already. There's not one American who has earned the right to look down on someone elses choice of consenting lovers.
3). WTF people...VOTE, and not by the ads you see on TV. People died to give you the chance to try to make the government a better working one...respect that.
4). The internet is inherently evil. (Good thing I like some evil things )

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote