View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,332 Times in 3,278 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben ranked 41 in NFL 2011 Top 100

I watched the first few episodes until i saw Lamar Woodley was under ranked in the low 80s and concluded this was another arbitrary list with little basis in reality

I was unaware of Roethlisberger's ranking until I read about it in Peter King's MMQB column this morning. King agrees the ranking of Roethlisberger at #41 is a joke

How is Ben Roethlisberger the 41st-best player in football, unless his peers docked him some for his off-field misdeeds? He's won two Super Bowls, he's 29, has a big arm and ... well, there's no justification for having him 41st, in my opinion

So Brady, P. Manning, Brees, Rodgers,and Rivers will be ranked ahead of #7 - maybe Carson Palmer can make the top 40 as well

IMO a number of players who were involved in the rankings personally dislike Roethlisberger and believe his defense has carried him to success

King, a huge Mike Wallace fan (ranks Wallace at #44), also has this nugget

I may have Mike Wallace higher than you'd figure. ... Watch out for Wallace. With so much speed (Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown) in Pittsburgh's four-wide formations, you can bet Wallace is going to see less safety help over the next couple of years when Roethlisberger throws deep.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sct=nfl_t11_a1

But King ranks Wallace (#44) ahead of Troy (#50), so King's opinions certainly are not flawless
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote