Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,309 Times in 3,647 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
From Mendenhal's comments, it seems like he's saying that he doesn't think 9/11 was a regular terrorist attack, rather an inside job or done with inside help. So if he doesn't think Bin Laden was actually involved then I could see why he wouldn't cheer his death. I'm not saying I'm a 9/11 "truther" but there is overwhelming evidence that it was not a regular terrorist attack. So why should voicing your alternative opinion cost you a sponsorship?
Why should cheating on your wife cost you your sponsorships, since that presumably is a matter between the husband and wife - ask Tiger Woods how that has worked out with regard to the much more significant sponsorship deals he lost after his infidelities were disclosed

Athletes lose sponsorships for the same reason they obtain them - because companies want to be associated with an image.

Mendenhall has a right to say what he wants and businesses have a right to not want to be associated. let alone pay $$, with someone who makes statements that are unpopular.

As far as the "overwhelming" evidence this was not a terrorist attack, public opinion disagrees - whether you think it is right, Hanes has to deal with the opinion of the public to which it is selling its products

It's nothing personal - it's strictly business
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote