View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #36
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631
Default Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread

TENACITY! THE BATTLIN BUCS WILL NOT QUIT!

18 straight scoreless innings against the best offensive team in the NL. Still not convinced about the Buccos pitching staff yet? Well then you're a moron. James McDonald STILL hasn't made it through seven innings yet this year, but 6 1/3 very effective innings were enough to get the job done. He got in a major jam in the seventh, loading the bases with two of the best Reds hitters at the plate.

Joe Beimel struck out Jay Bruce. One of the biggest strikeouts in PNC Park history. I know that sounds like a stretch....but take into consideration PNC Park's history....yeah, exactly.

Then comes Chris Resop. I was really dogging this guy earlier in the year, it seemed like he just couldn't figure it out in pressure situations. Boy has this guy come around. He gets Stubbs to bounce out to second base and then proceeds to pitch a scoreless 8th.

Hanrahan comes in the 9th. His velocity looked a little down early in the inning, he was only topping out at 96, LOL! He let 2 men on base, then his velocity started to come back up to the 98 range. Hanny nails yet another one down, and the Buccos win again.

The Bucs are receiving major nationwide attention now, as we should be. We no longer have to scoreboard watch other teams after the night is over to see if the Buccos will be in 2nd or 1st place. If the Buccos win, we KNOW they are in first. This team is so solid. Unbelievable that last year we got our 51st win exactly two months from now. What an improvement! What a team! What a city! I LOVE THE BUCCOS, LET'S RIDE THIS PITCHING STAFF ALL THE WAY TO THE POSTSEASON!

BEAT EM BATTLIN BUCS!