View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,667 Times in 2,620 Posts
Default Jets Sign Santonio ($50 million/$24 million guaranteed)

Wow

If anyone ever thought Holmes would have stayed in Pittsburgh with a new contract guess again

Are the New York Jets crazy?

They give Santonio Holmes, a receiver who has had more than 55 catches just once in his career, is one failed drug test away from a possible year-long suspension by the league, a contract that will pay him $50 million with $24 million in guaranteed money.

That $24 million, if true, is the most ever for a receiver. What?

This guy hasn't finished in the top-10 in catches in a season yet in his career. The Steelers were so turned off by him that they traded him for a fifth-round pick last summer. The Steelers tired of his off-field issues, one of which led to a four-game suspension to start the 2010 season with the Jets.

Holmes is a nice player. And he has speed. Plus, Mark Sanchez loves him. But isn't that a lot of money for a risky player, who you wouldn't even consider a top-10 receiver in the NFL?

I can't imagine there was a great market for him -- which is why I always felt he would go back to the Jets --because of all the baggage. So somebody please explain the money to me.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...15047/30910315

I agree with Prisco this is nuts
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote