View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #28
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts
Default Re: I guess we're in the hunt for Plaxico again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkJeezy View Post
@stainless steel- I like your view we have been missing that go to guy in clutch since we had to deal holmes, i just dont want the espn circus to follow us all year b/c we got plax. Just another distraction for a team that has an easy enough time making them on there own.
I don't really think Plax would be a distraction at all. If anything, it'll take focus OFF of yet another controversial off-season (Mendenhall, Ward, Harrison, etc.)

It would actually be a nice story. A player who started his career in Pittsburgh, leaves the city only to find success and win a Super Bowl ring with another team only to fall hard from grace and spend time in jail. To be given a chance with that team that drafted you is a nice story, especially one coming off of a Super Bowl.

Besides, we got one of the , if not, THEE best coach in the NFL that deals with distractions. He has been handeling it since his rookie year in 2007 with Faneca, all the way through the Ben scandals and 'til now. We'll be alright.

It's not a guarantee. I have a feeling he'll take the money but he knows deep down it'll be hard to turn down to play for someone like Tomlin. Interesting developments.