View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #33
Farrior_roirraW
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12978
Default Re: A surprise cut coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
I'm torn on Farrior being cut and replaced with someone like Foote. I've never been a big fan of Foote, and I hate to mention him and Farrior in the same sentence. But Farrior isn't getting any younger, and his best days are behind him. If they feel the defense is good enough to lose Farrior in place of Foote, and if they can save money, it might be the right business decision. I'm too lazy to look up what both of them make, but age alone makes it something you have to consider.
I realize he is getting pretty old and no doubt think this is his last year, which I'm sure he even knows, but despite what people think on here, I think he played pretty well last season. Yeah, he got torched by Jennings in the SB, but come on, a LB on # 1/top 5 WR? I don't know what anyone expects a LB to do in that situation but I digress. Anyways, I'm getting away from your post, I thought Foote was always all right but I don't see him being as good (even though he's quote a few years younger) better than Farrior at the moment. I want Stevenson Sylvester take over Farrior but if my memory serves me right (and I doubt that it does, heh) I don't remember him getting on to the field all that much. Anyways, if Farrior doesn't get cut I hope to see Sylvester play more snaps.

But, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Regardless, though, we have the best LB core in the NFL

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Farrior_roirraW is offline   Reply With Quote