View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #35
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248
Default Re: Now that the dust is settling,ARE WE better this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
TE- Lost Spaeth, but signed a decent vet. That UDFA TE could be huge for us.
I don't know what about John Gilmore makes you think he's decent. His age? His 1 career touchdown? Career journeyman who hopefully doesn't make the team.

Quote:
RB- Mendy and Redman are very good 1-2.
Mendenhall is a good every down back. Redman should exclusively be used if we have big leads to run the clock or when we're in need of a tough yard or two. We still need a decent #2 back imo. Glad Baron Batch is doing well and might win a job over Moore.

Quote:
OL- If we can bring back Hotel and move Colon to guard we should be set. Our main problem for years has been the interior line, guard is Colon's natural position and would provide an instant upgrade.
I agree. Colon has alligator arms.

Quote:
DL- An aging but outstanding D-line.
I don't even consider them old anymore with the addition to Heyward, who was a steal at 31. If we find a NT we're set for the next 10 years.

Quote:
LB- Harrison and Farrior are aging, but Woodley and Timmons are monsters. Also have Worilds and Sylvester showing promise as 2nd year players.
Harrison and Timmons are monsters. Harrison is a young 31 because he has only started for 4 years. He shows no signs of slowing down. Woodley is decent. Farrior is on his last leg.

Quote:
CB- Ike is top 10, a healthy bmack and Gay are at least avg. Butler has had a year too learn the system after showing promise in limited opportunity. Hopefully Lewis has matured a bit after spending last year in Tomlin's doghouse.
S- Need Troy healthy
Ike isn't a top 10 corner. Maybe top 30. Mcfadden is below average and Gay is bordering horrible.