View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Are the "Experts" so Blind that They Cant See How Good Redman Is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdandlong View Post
The Tribune Review's front article in the Sports section talks about how the Steelers are screwed if Mendenhall goes down with an injury. "Who is going to replace him?" they ask. They seem to think Mewelde would be the logical choice. They even discuss Baron Batch. They do say good things about Redman but criticize him for having no touchdowns in the redone. For God's sake he hardly ever got the ball in the redzone. When he did, he shined (I.e. Baltimore game). He had 52 carries for 247 yards, just under 5 yards a carry.
He also does the little things like pick up the blitz. I never hear anyone say this, but I think Redman has the potential to be a starter. If not for the Steelers, then some other team. It would be a great combination to have Mendenhall and Redman as our backs. I don't understand why Tomlin or Arians can't see how good Redman is.
I like Redman, he is a lunchpail type runner...I've seen nothing to suggest he is anything more than a backup though...