View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 03:15 AM   #1
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Big Ben on front page

Ben is on the front page at www.nfl.com and it sounds good.....

Improving Roethlisberger might throw more

By Adam Schefter
Special to NFL.com

(June 17, 2005) -- Entering his second season, look for Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to throw the ball more this season.

Roethlisberger has informed Steelers coaches how much more comfortable he feels in Pittsburgh's offense, how much more of a grasp of it he has, and how he would like to open up the offense more than last season, when Pittsburgh ran the ball on 61 percent of its offensive plays. The Steelers now will consider throwing the football more on first and second down than they did last season, and much of their added aggressiveness stems from Roethlisberger's heightened confidence.

At a recent minicamp, Roethlisberger watched rookie first-round pick Heath Miller tentatively run through a pattern before turning to his quarterbacks coach, Mark Whipple, and asking, "Was I like that as a rookie?" Yes he was, but not anymore.

"One guy who has distinguished himself (at minicamp), who has improved the most from last year to this year is Ben," Whipple said. "If I look back at my notes, I think that would be the one. Everyone played at a high level, but especially Ben."