View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #36
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248
Default Re: Tony Hills ready to start at RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Only the "well said" was addressed to you. The rest of my post was a follow-up on yours. My reading comprehension was fine.

Well, evidently Devine is a free agent right now after the Eagles waived him following signing him as an undrafted free agent. The front office must be blind for not scooping him up.

Jason Worilds has done about as much as Golden Tate and Terrence Cody have done so far, especially with respect to what they were expected to do immediately after they were drafted. I've heard a lot more disappointment than excitement over Tate from Seahawk fans. And Worilds wasn't taken to make an immediate impact. He is in the process still of transitioning from a college DE. And he did show great awareness on a few plays during the Redskins game. There was one play in which Grossman was rolling to his left with a back I believe coming out of the backfield, but Worilds maintained his position instead of biting on either the back or the QB and forced an incompletion, if my memory is correct. That's just an example of his game progressing from a mental standpoint.

I'm not sure if you're willfully misunderstanding me, but my point was regarding the time of the draft, not what you make of Antonio Brown right now. You would indeed be one of very few people I'm sure that were excited after the Steelers selected Brown, and certainly the only one calling for him to be the #2 receiver. My point is that it's a lot easier to blame an organization for their busts than to praise them for their boons on draft day and to admit that you didn't know shit at the time. about a draft pick that turned out to be great.
I thought everyone in that class was a solid pick outside of Worilds. The same applies to this years class. I couldn't of asked for a better first 3 rounds. You can't say, "Worilds has done just as much as (insert player on another team)," because the scenarios are different. Tate plays with us, he has a franchise QB and takes over Emmanuel Sanders playing time. Without a doubt Tate is a better receiver than Sanders. Cody would have been worked in with Hampton easily and we could have parted with Hoke.

In 2009, I didn't like any of our picks. I was familiar with most of the draftees and all knew they would not pan out in the pros, especially Kraig Urbik and fat Frank Summers. I wasn't even high on the Ziggy pick. I didn't think he'd fit our 3-4 but he was probably the BPA next to Rey Maualuga(who we should have drafted in the first). He may have proved me wrong with the way he played last season but he did have a steep learning curve, as expected. Cameron Heyward is a much better fit as a 3-4 DE.