View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
Robocrotch
Water Boy

Member Number: 17368
Default First time in Pittsburgh - Hotel questions

Hey guys... on October 14th my wife and I will be driving to Pittsburgh from Ottawa, Canada... I'm pretty stoked to have gotten tickets for both the Penguins game on the 15th and the Steelers on the 16th.

But now I have to book a hotel, and I know nothing about Pittsburgh... I was thinking the Hyatt on North Shore or the Springhill Suites on Federal Street. We will have a vehicule but I'd much rather walk to both venues (I was leaning more towards Springhill, seems easier to just cross the 6th street bridge and get to Console Energy Center).

As for things to do outside of sporting events, where is the downtown life at? We would surely like to hit some bars / restaurants (I've read in like 14 different places to go to Primanti's, is there a specific one I should go to... I'm afraid it's been overhyped!)

------------------------------

Somewhat related, how do you guys find the ushers in terms of bringing cameras to the game? I know there is like a 6" limit for the camera + lense but does anything know how strictly they enforce this? I'm not going to bring any monster lens or anything of professional grade but I would hate to be turned back because my camera measures 8"...

Thanks!!
Robocrotch is offline   Reply With Quote