View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #28
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,128 Times in 1,751 Posts
Default Re: steelers interested in Pryor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Bingo

Stewart never had a good throwing motion and it fell apart under pressure in big games - IMO he was better suited to play WR with some gadget plays as he was used in 1995-96

Pryor is a great athlete but (unlike Cam Newton) his throwing mechanics are horrible - and unlike NCAA ball the defenders are as fast and strong as Pryor is - hoping a great athlete with a lousy throwing motion who had success in college (Tim Tebow) will develop into a serviceable NFL QB is a foolish gamble

Steelers presumably will stay away
stewart was a 2nd round gamble , tebow was a first. both in my opinion went 3 rounds earlier than they should have. one of the talking heads on espn radio said he expects someone will pony up a 5th to 7th round pick for him. like dixon , had pryor played 1 more year , some sucker, like the moron in denver , would have pissed away a first round pick for him. all i'm suggesting is , since the colbert era he's only hit on about 15% of fifth round picks ,why not put in a 5th round bid ? odds are whoever they pick next year in the fifth won't amount to much anyway... i'm not even suggesting he'll be a good backup qb , but his athleticism certainly has caught a lot of teams attention , including the steelers.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote