Old 08-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,770 Times in 1,803 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Steelers Extend Lawrence Timmons 5 years $50 mil

Yea - why do I get the feeling Smith will be injured again? Didn't he have to sit out practice recently? Thought I read that somewhere. Anyways - its been proven we can win without him now. Ziggy deserves the chance for more reps if not the job.

Foote needs to go - time to get someone else more reps.

Until his replacement is worthy of usurping him - not ready to see Farrior go quite yet - the guy is still relevant. When you are battling newly resigned Timmons for a 100 tackles that is saying something. 109 tackles last year.

We'll see - still waiting for this "old" group to decline. If Troy is healthy age won't make one bit of a difference IMHO.

Overall - impressive performance from Steelers FO resigning Taylor, Woodley and Timmons while still being able to tag Troy for the future. People talk about not being able to keep teams together in the modern NFL, well the Steelers are the closest team to bucking that idea.

Never thought we would have had this group for this long - especially after SB 43 and even after the SB 45 loss. Great moves. I have faith it will pay off in another ring very soon . . .
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote