Old 08-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #20
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Sick
Default Re: Steelers Extend Lawrence Timmons 5 years $50 mil

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
oh yea - I don't see them being able to make a 4th deal with Troy - they'll tag him and do the same thing they did with Woodley. Can't pay em all at the same time.

I only brought up a 3rd ring because I think that would quicken retirement for a few guys that were on the fence.

Who knows how Harrison will respond to his back surgeries too. He has about 2-3 solid seasons left.

If they win it all this year to me Farrior will retire along with Hines. Smith will too otherwise I see him being done anyways after this season.

Troy will not get a 6 year deal after the next two seasons, especially if he can't stay healthy. If he somehow stays healthy over the next two seasons he'll become the highest paid safety with about a 4 year contract. Just my opinion. Troy has even said that another Super Bowl ring might satisfy him as far as his career. He to me would be someone that could retire earlier than people may think.

So who are we looking at again? Foote, Smith, Hines and Farrior with Harrison and Troy having another 4-5 years max left in them?
I could see FO giving Troy a 6 year deal to spread out the money, but I know he probably wouldn't be here for all 6 years.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote