View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #29
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default Re: Steelers Extend Lawrence Timmons 5 years $50 mil

I said it before I 'll say it again the Steelers did the smart thing signing Timmons because his franchise tag next year would have been for over 10 Million. Troy if he is franchised would get the average of the top 5 Safeties which would actually be paying him less then he would receive per year on a new deal. Considering his age and health this is the smart route to take.

Next year's cap will go up a bit but it will explode with the new TV contract coming a few years from now. Guys may seem to be getting a lot now but wait to you see the contracts after the new TV deal.

Nose Tackles play a long time in this league, don't look to see Hampton gone anytime soon, but the Steelers will have the money to keep the team together minus salaries like Aaron Smith, and Farrior.

The guy I would worry about the most is Mike Wallace. Not next year as he will be restricted but after that. If he played with a more accurate down field passer like Manning, or Brady this guy would be Randy Moss in his prime and with no attitude. He gets open every game, often. Ben and him have to work on getting in sync as they can be deadly this year.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote