View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 12:41 AM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,199 Times in 3,492 Posts
Default Re: Scouts Inc Top 200 NFL players (14 steelers on list)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Hines is lucky to be on the list at all. There's at least 20 receivers in the league that are better than him at this point in his career. So before you argue some obvious homerism, I'll list 20 of them from the top of my head:

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Greg Jennings
5. Reggie Wayne
6. Mike Wallace
7. DeSean Jackson
8. Hakeem Nicks
9. Brandon Marshall
10. Santonio Holmes
11. Steve Limas Sweed Johnson
12. Anquan Boldin
12. Vincent Jackson
13. Marques Colston
14. Miles Austin
15. Dwayne Bowe
16. Roddy White
17. Mike Williams
18. Jeremy Maclin
19. Dez Bryant
20. Sidney Rice

Update: 21. Antonio Brown.
the fact that roddy white was 16th "off the top of your head" explains alot.

theres alot of 1 hit wonders in there, and only 1 is a SB mvp (former steelers who attributes his professionalism to ward) and none listed are the respective leaders of most statistical categories in their teams franchise. none have a mirror ball trophy or the esteem as the "nfl's most dirtiest player". none has rules enacted to prevent them from playing whistle to whistle and blasting a defender.

do you really think half these clowns listed in your list could mentor e. sanders or a. brown?

if so, i point and laugh in your general direction. (and make no mistake, brandon marshall is a clown. im suprised you didnt list kenny britt.)

jerry rice certainly wasnt the best WR in the league when he was with the raiders, but he definitely was a major contributor to their SB run.

and ultimately, that is what really matters when it comes to a team player in a team game.