View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 12:48 AM   #23
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248
Default Re: Scouts Inc Top 200 NFL players (14 steelers on list)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
the fact that roddy white was 16th "off the top of your head" explains alot.

theres alot of 1 hit wonders in there, and only 1 is a SB mvp (former steelers who attributes his professionalism to ward) and none listed are the respective leaders of most statistical categories in their teams franchise. none have a mirror ball trophy or the esteem as the "nfl's most dirtiest player". none has rules enacted to prevent them from playing whistle to whistle and blasting a defender.

do you really think half these clowns listed in your list could mentor e. sanders or a. brown?

if so, i point and laugh in your general direction.

jerry rice certainly wasnt the best WR in the league when he was with the raiders, but he definitely was a major contributor to their SB run.

and ultimately, that is what really matters when it comes to a team player in a team game.
This list obviously wasn't in order. As I mentioned, this came from the top of my head and there's probably more that are better than Ward at this point of his career.

What does mentoring WRs have anything to do with being the better WR at this point of their careers? Charlie Batch mentored Ben for years (I think he still tries to) but I don't see him anywhere on the top of the NFL's 200 list. Lots of veteran players mentor younger guys. I would take any of those WRs I listed over Ward right now. Mike Wallace is technically a one hit wonder. Would you resign Ward or Mike Wallace next year if you had an option of the two?

Ward had an amazing career. Obviously, you would take Ward's CAREER over many of those player's careers on the list if you're talking HOF eligibility. But if you want to talk about career, I would have put in guys like Randy Moss and T.O. instead of some of the younger players.

Talking now and into the future, Ward doesn't really deserve to be ranked high on a top 200 list.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote