View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #27
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248
Default Re: Scouts Inc Top 200 NFL players (14 steelers on list)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
did you happen to see him play in 2009?

its easy to say he sucked after the fact. thats the easy way out.

did you happen to see his salary in 2010? easilly top 20, let alone top 200.

revisionist history doesnt make you any more correct in your assessment that ward isnt a top 200 player.

i think (and pretty much know) you are wrong. nothing you have said to this point (or will likely say in the future) will change that.

You mention his salary as a reason he was top 20 in Favre's final year? The one where he threw 11 TDs and 20 INTs? Favre's year with the Jets and his final year were more on point to where he was at that point of his career. If anything, his first year with the Vikings was more indicative of just how important Sidney Rice was to their offense. That team was stacked with weapons. I remember him scoring so many touchdowns from inside the 5 because defenses were almost positive AP was going to run it in.

Anyway, in a nutshell, you're arguing:
-Favre is one of the elite QBs in the league still (and he should come out of retirement)
-Ward is one of the elite WRs in the league still (and he shouldn't retire anytime soon)

And I'm disagreeing 100%. If you think you are right, you need to have your head checked.

Are you still one of the guys hoping Willie Parker returns?